Hearing aid adapters

Feb 28, 2018
I own a RX-A1000 AV receiver which works well. However my wife now uses hearing aids and would like to add a "Oticon" TV adapter to the receiver to allow her to hear the TV thru her hearing aids. I'm not certain were to install the connections on the rear of your receiver to allow this to work correctly. ANY and assitance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time and help with this issue.

Solution
Can't find a picture of the back but the specs offer three option.
If the transmitter has an optical input you can connect it to the optical output.
If it only has analog inputs you can try the analog audio out. Then you can try the zone 2 preout. That would require you to select the input for that separately from the main speakers.
The analog outputs might not work when the receiver gets audio from a source connected digitally. In that case you would connect an 5.1 compatible optical to analog converter to the optical output.
Can't find a picture of the back but the specs offer three option.
If the transmitter has an optical input you can connect it to the optical output.
If it only has analog inputs you can try the analog audio out. Then you can try the zone 2 preout. That would require you to select the input for that separately from the main speakers.
The analog outputs might not work when the receiver gets audio from a source connected digitally. In that case you would connect an 5.1 compatible optical to analog converter to the optical output.

Solution