hearling tv audio through bt headphone

Ramachandran_3

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
I got a bluetooth headphone (RockNgroove) gifted by my son. I have already paired with my cell phone. I want to use this also for hearing TV (samsung smarat tv) through this BT headphone (not simultaneously with my cell phone) . My TV is NOT BT enabled. what should I get 1) Bluetooth receiver , which I already have,2)BT transmitter or 3) 2 in 1 bluetooth receiver and transmitter. My tv has audio out jack and also toslink. The solution should be easy as I am old. Normally I am the only person to view and hear TV and no other person.

Solution
There is a good amount of confusion in the space of labeling bluetooth as "recievers" and "transmitters" because it is a 2 way data message so every bluetooth devices does both.

You need a bluetooth device that plugs into your TV or reciever either via toslink or rca.
You need to make sure that on your TV that these parts are OUTPUT ports and not an input.

Then just pair the bluetooth device to your headset and you should be good to go.
There is a good amount of confusion in the space of labeling bluetooth as "recievers" and "transmitters" because it is a 2 way data message so every bluetooth devices does both.

You need a bluetooth device that plugs into your TV or reciever either via toslink or rca.
You need to make sure that on your TV that these parts are OUTPUT ports and not an input.

Then just pair the bluetooth device to your headset and you should be good to go.

Solution