Solved! Hellen I have a Panasonic SA PT950 that's hooked up to my Emerson 55in, the aux sound from the tv doesn't work, but the sound

Solution
Are you sure that the connection on the TV is an audio output not an input? Without the TV model number we can't check that.
If the TV has a headphone out then connect that to the mp3 input.
If the TV has an optical or coax digital audio output then you will need to get a digital to analog converter. Check the TV manual on how to use the digital output. You may need to turn it on, turn the TV speakers off, and change the audio output to PCM stereo.
Are you sure that the connection on the TV is an audio output not an input? Without the TV model number we can't check that.
If the TV has a headphone out then connect that to the mp3 input.
If the TV has an optical or coax digital audio output then you will need to get a digital to analog converter. Check the TV manual on how to use the digital output. You may need to turn it on, turn the TV speakers off, and change the audio output to PCM stereo.

Solution
Feb 2, 2019
Ok thank you! The Emerson model number is LF501EM5F. I tried the digital output/ PCM thing and that did not work. I no longer have the manual. I do believe it worked before with only the cords but after I had cable installed, the guy hooked the cords up to the cable box for sound and after that it hasn't worked on Aux(I no longer have cable).

Feb 2, 2019

Feb 2, 2019
After taking your advice about the speakers/PCM and a call to Emerson, I found out I needed the wire w/gold connectors(which I have). That has helped some but the volume is very low and there's a lot of static in the background. Is there something else I need to hook up?