jdel2005

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Hello, I cannot get the internet to connect from ANY software. I have no firewall or antivirus preventing the connection. I am pretty compueter literate although this issue eludes me. I cant even get my internet security to install. Is it possible its a port problem? Please help? Any comments are appreciated...

MeneerWitte

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
:hello:

Kindly I ask your attention.

First of all..,

:eek:

What do you have?

PC/Notebook/Laptop:
External/Internal I-Card:
WiFi?
I-Software:

Why the Internet Software won't install is wired to me. Normally it should install anyway.

Kabel connection:
Switch the cable, check if the I-card isn't disabled, use a different modem port or a different modem.

You could give it a go to switch the cable between modem and PC.

Check the I-card by Start/Configurations/Hardware Management/Network Adaptors. There you have to find the adaptor that is installed, right click on it and see if it says Enable or Disenable. If it says Enable, than Enable. If it says Disable, let it be. This goes for WiFi too.

If the I-card drivers are installed, deinstall them and reboot. Let Windows (?) reinstall it.

When you have an external I-card, shotdown and take it out and deinstall all the drivers (if any) and boot. Shutdown the system and reinstall the I-card and boot the sytem. Windows will try to reinstall the needed drivers.

Did you try a different modem port (or the correct one, so far I know only two of the four ports are being used for internet connection) or different modem?

Concurning the software and it's an exe file, it should install anyway or does the software let you known 'Not such hardware found, exit installation.', than the software/drivers will not be installed.
When it's an external I-card, might be that you need to install the software/drivers before putting in/enable the I-card.
(I don't know, sometimes it happens that the software has to be installed before the hardware.)

Well, if you would give a reaction and more information about your system and what you already have tried, we might be able to help you better! :D

Hopefully I let you known enough and that you will find the answers you seek! :D

Good luck and have fun doing it! :D

Best Regards,

MeneerWitte

PS:
:D HAPPY HOLLYDAYS :pt1cable: BEST WISHES 2013! :D

jdel2005

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Im sorry for the generalized information earlier....I have an HP dv6700 with an intel core 2 duo at 2.81GHz/ea...4GB RAM(2x2GB)...320GB HD.. Win 7 Ultimate x64...internal i card(intel wireless WiFi link 4965agn and realtek pcie fe family controller) I need to clarify, All things install correctly although my new kaspersky internet security 2013 wont activate due to no internet connection detected...I can surf the net, dl anything i want but when it(software) needs internet,i.e. (flight sim x, REX(weather simulator) or ANY software will not connect. I just uninstalled the driver for the realtek and need to reboot. I will brb....Thanks again for taking time to help me out.....uninstalled drivers and let windows reinstall then. I dont know how to change ports. I assume after a port test that it my ports as they are.....Error: I could not see your service on 71.46.96.44 on port (80)

every port test I do fails...I am at a hude confusion point...how can I do things online when the ports arent open? This makes me feel like a noob...lol.....currently trying to open ports

jdel2005

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013

Time warner cable 20MB/sec...dont own any other pc I have tried both through my router and direct wire to the laptop from the modem, both to no avail.

MeneerWitte

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012

:hello:

Kindly I ask your attention.

Well,

For starters Many thanks for editing your information!

You have internet connection with all other software, so that's now isue.
But you only can't get an internet connection with some software. This after installing Kaspersky Internet Security it fails.

Deinstall it and try some/all the software for internet conenction.

Is the software for internet connection registered ad your Firewall?

Do you have Wifi ad your modem too?
You can see this by the antenna on the modem.

What you could do is reinstall the internet conenction, you could go for both if you like. When so, just set one to Standard use and find out.

Ports can be set, the question that will remain 'Is this necessary?'

Can you remember when it happened and what you did before?
If not, that's OK. Will keep trying! :D

Hopefully I let you known enough and that you will find the answers you seek! :D

Good luck and have fun doing it! :D

Best Regards,

MeneerWitte