Hello, May someone help me please. I don't know very much about computers. I am looking to purchase a HP laptop with AMD Quad-

Teneille

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
Hello, May someone help me please. I don't know very much about computers. I am looking to purchase a HP laptop with AMD Quad-Core A6-5200 Processor + 1GB AMD Radeon™ HD 8670M Discrete. I had the option of having that one which was the most expensive option. The other 2 choices are AMD Quad-Core A6-5200 Processor + AMD Radeon™ HD Graphics and AMD Quad -Core A4-5000 Processor + AMD Radeon™ HD Graphics. So far I have selected the first one I mentioned that has the highest price. However, I am wondering which option is best. My laptop will only be used for school and for simple entertainment purposes like browsing the internet and streaming movies online. I rather not take the most expensive if it won't make much a difference to the other options. Thank you so much in advance for everyone's advice. I also selected 8GB DDR3 System Memory ( 2 Dimm) instead of the 6GB (2 Dimm) and 4GB (1 Dimm). Pleaseeee help.

Solution
for school and for simple entertainment purposes like browsing the internet and streaming movies online 2nd one is the best option however if you are onto series gaming all 3 wont satisfy you much however 1st option has a gpu which give u better option in gaming ...2nd one is good for your task with respect to budget

vishnu39

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
for school and for simple entertainment purposes like browsing the internet and streaming movies online 2nd one is the best option however if you are onto series gaming all 3 wont satisfy you much however 1st option has a gpu which give u better option in gaming ...2nd one is good for your task with respect to budget

Solution

Teneille

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
1.) AMD Quad-Core A6-5200 Processor + 1GB AMD Radeon™ HD 8670M Discrete
2.) AMD Quad-Core A6-5200 Processor + AMD Radeon™ HD Graphics
3.) AMD Quad -Core A4-5000 Processor + AMD Radeon™ HD Graphics

Thank you Vishnu. So for browsing the internet, streaming movies online, video chat, saving photos, saving multiple school files and the possibility of having many programs and windows opened at once while conducting research and writing papers (no gaming other than basic pc games like Free Cell and Solitaire), my best option is number 2? If we forget price (they are lined up most to least expensive), which would you recommend for my needs and for excellent performance?

Teneille

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
My budget is 700USD inclusive of tax and shipping. This is what I chose.

HP Pavilion TouchSmart 14z-n100 Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)
E1K07AV

pearl white
Windows 8 64
System Recovery DVD with Windows 8 64
AMD Quad-Core A6-5200 Processor + 1GB AMD Radeon™ HD 8670M Discrete
14.0-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit Display (1366x768)
8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
500GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
No Additional Office Software
Security Software Trial
4 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
SuperMulti 8X DVD +/- R/RW with Double Layer Support
Standard Keyboard (white)
Webcam and Microphone (Pearl White)
802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth® [1x1]

Total Price inclusive of tax and shipping is 705.12
I favour a laptop with the touchscreen feature. I just want something that works very fast. I'm tired of choosing laptops that are soooo slow and where programs and browser windows always take awhile to open and close.

Recommendations will be greatly appreciated

Teneille

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
Ok. So those specs are fine? Should I go ahead and purchase it? I would change the processor to number 2. But everything else is fine? Is it a good choice overall for my needs? I want a fast, efficient and long lasting laptop.