Help, 5.1 surround sound logitech speaker kit pops, gets quiet+fuzzy

JoshBedroom

Prominent
Mar 27, 2017
Hi, I recently purchased a cheaper/lower end sound system (Logitech Z506 5.1 surround sound) for my personal computer. Regardless of the level of sound through the OS or the physical button on the speaker, the sound will suddenly pop and cut out, becoming drastically quieter and fuzzy.

I've only ever dealt with headphones and a cheap soundbar and never had issues before. Am I making some noob mistake? I've already tried different audio jack inputs and different power outlets, same issue. Any input welcome, thank you!

Edit: When configuring the speakers, sometimes it will recognize all 5 speakers+subwoofer in the 5.1 configuration test and sometimes it doesn't. I've tried updating realtek audio drivers. It seems like after it does the "pop" the problem persists even if I unplug it and plug it back in, at least unless I leave them off for a little while. I double checked my motherboard's specs it does support 5.1 surround sound audio.

Edit 2: I've found some audio support from my motherboard manufacturer (http://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?c=Audio) but the realtek audio manager interface looks different than the current one installed. Should I install a legacy version maybe?

JoshBedroom

Prominent
Mar 27, 2017
Yeah I've used both of those ports for headphones for months, no issues. It also has problems when I tried it with my laptop. I was hoping it was something stupid like an update or a setting and wouldn't have to deal with returning :( Thank you though.