Help/Advice needed with inexpensive HTPC build!

MoxieJ

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
I am trying to tackle my first 'HTPC' build. My target financial goal for the project is $300 or under. I want to surf the web, download, and playback movies in 1080p without any hiccups. Also, I want the computer to run fairly quickly, and work quietly. I require all of the computer components for this build including a case; however, I do not require any peripherals, nor do I have the need to buy an OS (I have an old purchased copy of Windows 7). I need USB 3.0 ports (preferably on the front of the case) and at least 1 HDMI port. Wireless internet is not completely necessary, but I would hate to regret not including it in the build down the road. I have included a list of components which to my knowledge (limited as it may be) will work out just fine for what I need it to do. Please, if you have time to review this list and help me make any necessary adjustments, I would really appreciate the help, advice or shared knowledge on this project.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2FOAv

CPU: AMD A4-5300 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($47.00 @ Amazon)

CPU Cooler: Gelid Solutions CC-Siberian-01 51.9 CFM CPU Cooler ($9.98 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard ($59.98 @ Amazon)

Memory: Corsair 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($45.91 @ NCIX US)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.67 @ Amazon)

Case: Silverstone PS08B (Black) MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($24.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $277.52 (after rebates)

Solution
You should be ok with that build. Save yourself $10 and skip the third party CPU cooler. The stock cooler that comes with the processor is going to be sufficient.

-Wolf sends