Solved! HELP! ASUS LAPTOP DISPLAY FAILED (i think!)

chaos9830

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013
I was using my laptop last night, when suddenly the entire screen “pixeley” faded out to white then quickly to black. The screen will not turn on now, even though i know it goes to the login screen (i have the chime enabled). Specs Asus GL551VW CPU Intel i7 (details idk cuz theyre in the computer) GPU nvidia 960m 1 Tb HDD 8 gbs RAM

I have no clue what did this. I wasnt moving it while it crashed. It just kinda died. The screen is still solidly attached to the laptop.

I successfully connected it to a TV and the computer is detecting the TV, but not the “Generic pnp” monitor that it usually detects. Ive tried updating the drivers of the generic pnp and my intel graphics adapter. Neither have fixed the issue

Solution
I would have it looked at as you are talking either a replacement of the cable that connect the display. It is also possible that one of the graphics has died. If it has two, it is possible that one, which is what was being used, is done for and may require the motherboard be replaced.
I would have it looked at as you are talking either a replacement of the cable that connect the display. It is also possible that one of the graphics has died. If it has two, it is possible that one, which is what was being used, is done for and may require the motherboard be replaced.

Solution