Help choose my new work laptop...

DoobieDouglas

Commendable
May 20, 2016
I currently own a "http://www.dell.com/us/dfh/p/inspiron-m731r/pd". This morning my hard drive crashed, now I am in need of a new laptop. I have 2 laptops in my budget to choose from but dont know which is best. I use my laptop to build websites, graphic design and basic internet browsing. I will be downloading and working with the entire adobe creative cloud program suite. Please advise me to the best laptop for my needs. My options are below.

Dell Inspiron i5555-2843SLV
Dell Inspiron 15 i5555

Thanks in advance,
Terence

Solution

Couple of things.
Dell varies the specs depending on where you buy it and if you configure it from them. So while the i5555-2843SLV gives a specific spec. the i5555 comes up with all sorts of...

Bill92691

Commendable
May 2, 2016
More than 58,000 readers sound off about brand reliability on laptops.

Apple stands out as being more reliable than all other laptop brands. This conclusion is based on our failure rate estimates for three-year-old laptops, gathered from data on laptops purchased new between 2010 and 2015, by 58,710 subscribers. The chart shows our statistical model's estimated failure rates for laptops not covered by a service contract and adjusts for the number of hours of use per week. Differences of less than 4 points aren't meaningful. Models within a brand may vary, and design or manufacture changes may affect future reliability. Still, choosing a brand with a good reliability estimate can improve your odds of getting a dependable laptop.

Brand Repairs or Serious Problems
Laptops Computers
0% 5% 10% 15% 20% 25%

Apple
Samsung
Gateway
Acer
Lenovo
HP
Toshiba
Dell

azaran

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010

Couple of things.
Dell varies the specs depending on where you buy it and if you configure it from them. So while the i5555-2843SLV gives a specific spec. the i5555 comes up with all sorts of different options since its the basis of everything. If you can do a direct link to the models that would help a lot.

Are you married to getting a Dell or do you just need something within a specific budget? If so whats the budget?

Finally, if the only thing wrong with your laptop is the hard drive, that's a very easy and less expensive fix than a new laptop.

Solution