Help choosing 65" Samsung 4ktv model

jacobbones

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
So I've narrowed it down to the Samsung line of smart 4k TV's. Going 65"

I will use it for the usual cable tv watching and ps4 gaming. Plus I want to take advantage of the 4k streaming from Netflix and others. I also am going to try out connecting my PC with a 1080ti card and seeing how that goes.

Now the decision which model. Theres the MU6300-6500 models that are the cheapest.
mu7000, mu8000, mu 8500 all going up in price to the mu9000.

read about them and they say 8000 has better motion over the 7000 or 9000 has better color etc..
Since I want to do 4k gaming im kinda leaning towards 8000 maybe 8500 because its around same price but haven't really compared to the 8000.

But will I really notice much difference between a $900 mu6500 and a $1300 MU8000?

Any input would be helpful

Im also kind of limited as to what I can go pickup as freight shipping is an absolute nightmare and Im not going through that again.. The samsungs are in stock at my area bestbuy

Solution
No need to drive yourself nuts.
As I said before, you can tell the differences only if you have those TVs at the same time and if you have them running beside each-other.
Sony X900E is better on some part but less good on other parts compared to those TVs I mentioned.
If you like the Samsung TV, I think you will like it too.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
I have been comparing many 4k TVs in the last months.
If you want the best price/picture quality possible, I would recommend the Sony XE9005 (europe) or X900E (US) series.
Before you hit the buy button, check if you can find this physically near home.

I have the 49" version since about 1 month.

My candidates were Panasonic EXW784, Sony XE9005 (I am in Europe), Samsung MU7000 and Philips PUS7502.
These TVs are not in any means bad. Their pros and cons are simply different.
X900E or XE9005 has the best picture quality+motion+upscaling, has acceptable input lag for gaming but the OS is slow as sh*t (you need to tweak stuffs to make it faster) and this one can not do 3D.

boju

Distinguished
If you can see demos in store that will be best so you can compare properly. Most Tvs should come with game mode settings in the menu so while in store get them to change it and compare visuals.

Check out the tv stand while youre there.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
Yup,
I also mean it serious with "check if you can find this physically near home."
You have to see those TVs using your own eyes and not just some internet reviews.
Only buy TVs after you can compare them physically in stores!

jacobbones

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
I looked at the sony but the higher price and higher input lag made me look away. Im leaning towards Samsung mainly due to the fact its got a low input lag so would be good for 4k gaming and I have a 55" 1080 version that has treated me well. So what I buy has to be usable for 4k gaming.

Ive looked at the samsungs in stores and they looked good. Its just the higher up the ladder the better the HDR or has better blacks etc.. hard to see difference with stupid fast cut commercials they had playing on the tvs.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
X900E has about 30-35ms inputlag on gaming mode and about 110ms on non-gaming mode.
If you have the gaming mode one, the value 35ms is still acceptable for TV.

MU8000 has slightly less good motion flow and color accuracy but the input lag is less and OS is faster than Sony X900E.
The difference in picture quality...well.. you can tell the difference, only if you have those 2 beside one another, anyway. We are talking here actually about 2 high quality TVs.
I think you will like MU8000.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
No need to drive yourself nuts.
As I said before, you can tell the differences only if you have those TVs at the same time and if you have them running beside each-other.
Sony X900E is better on some part but less good on other parts compared to those TVs I mentioned.
If you like the Samsung TV, I think you will like it too.

Solution