Help Choosing a Laptop

G

Hi Guys I copied the following information off my thread on r/SuggestALaptop and I was wondering if you guys could help me?

Country of purchase: The UK

Budget range: Up to £500

Purpose (netbook, ultraportable, mainstream, gaming, desktop replacement, etc.): This laptop will be for my sister and mainly used for school work and watching videos, but it would be good if it could be used for light gaming (currently only really plays awesomenauts, but having the option to play a few others would be great.)

Screen size preference: 15.6 Inch

OS preference (Windows/ Mac/ Linux): Windows

Gaming requirements (example games and desired fps/settings): Light gaming e.g Awesomenauts maybe CS:GO but that is not essential at all.

Performance requirements (video, CAD, etc.): Not sure if I'm answering this correctly but it would have to be reasonably quick and be able to comfortably handle multiple tabs and work documents.

Method of computer support (office supplier, college bookstore, self support): Self Support
Brand preferences and reasons (already owned accessories, familiarity, business compatibility): No brand preferences.

Any particular style that you like (examples are great): Not really although it can't be too bulky as it will have to be carried around.

Which of the following qualities would you prefer? (Choose one, the other, or balanced)

Long battery life -vs- Low weight: Balanced

Build quality -vs- Low price: Balanced

Low noise/heat -vs- High performance: Balanced

Would you pay a premium for something that has:

High resolution screen: No

A great keyboard: No, although she wouldn't want a horrible keyboard as it will be used a lot.

A great touchpad/mouse buttons: No

Great audio: No

**List any features that are critical: A HDMI port would be nice so she could hook it up to a tv or external monitor. 1TB of storage would be great, but is not essential.

I have found a few that I like the look of such as this HP:
http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=ECC_BUNDLE_4583925&opt=&sel=PCNB[1]

And I also like the look of this laptop: http://www.dell.com/uk/p/inspiron-15-5547-laptop/pd?oc=cn54721&model_id=inspiron-15-5547-laptop[2]

Those are just guidelines for the laptop, but any suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Solution
G

I wonder if it would be best just to get the HP as it is quite powerful and looks quite light weight for only £400.