Solved! Help Connecting TV, Surround Sound, and Dish

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 19, 2018
How do I connect my Sony DVD Home Theater System DAV-FR10W to my Samsung HLP5085WX/XAA Pedestal TV and Dish Hopper 3 box? I have both the modern Dish remote and a Harmony universal remote. Would be great if I could just use one of them for all the devices. Thanks in advance!

Solution
Thank you for providing makes and models of your gear.
1. Sony DVD HTS - Connect the component video output to one of the TV component video audio inputs.
This is for playback of DVDs.
2. DISH Hopper 3 - Connect the HDMI output to the TV HDMI input. This gets picture and sound to the TV.
Connect the optical digital audio output of the DISH box to the digital audio input of
the Sony. This get sound from the Dish box to the Sony.
You may have to turn on the optical out, turn the TV speakers off, and change the audio output to bitstream.
You may also have to select how the DISH box outputs audio in it;s menu.
Check the manuals for...
Thank you for providing makes and models of your gear.
1. Sony DVD HTS - Connect the component video output to one of the TV component video audio inputs.
This is for playback of DVDs.
2. DISH Hopper 3 - Connect the HDMI output to the TV HDMI input. This gets picture and sound to the TV.
Connect the optical digital audio output of the DISH box to the digital audio input of
the Sony. This get sound from the Dish box to the Sony.
You may have to turn on the optical out, turn the TV speakers off, and change the audio output to bitstream.
You may also have to select how the DISH box outputs audio in it;s menu.
Check the manuals for details.
Your Logitech remote can certainly be programmed to operate the system. That would be done on their website. Follow the instructions that came with it.

Solution
May 19, 2018

May 19, 2018
Thank you for your feedback. My HDMI cable needed to be replaced so I have ordered a new set. I will try your recommended setup as soon as I receive the cable and will report the results. Stay tuned! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.