Help desperately needed. Something is force shutting down all programs and some processes.

mattygeeftw

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
DSC_0904_zpsjndcadbh.jpg.html
So this message box appears out of nowhere. (image will be attached soon because I need to post this forum before it shows up and closes my browser). Sometimes multiple. Whatever option I choose, after a short period of time it would close most of the programs I'm running and at one point disconnected my internet. (not just a limited signal but none at all [Ethernet has a red x instead of yellow triangle or nothing at all]). It also doesn't let me click any buttons such as after pressing the windows button (windows 7) it has no programs on it at all, and I cant click the buttons to the right (e.g. computer, control panel etc.) Also the desktop bar doesnt show any programs that have been pinned. Even the shutdown, hibernate button is un-pressable (its there but when clicked does nothing) so I have to ctrl alt delete to get out. I have no idea whats happening. All Ive really tried is restarting, uninstalling all recent programs, going to task manager and attempting to kill the windows that pop up but just reopen with more, and trying to end processes that are unfamiliar.

Update: I ran CCleaner on start up and the box no longer appears, however the symptoms still show up. From memory the box appeared to say that it is unable to close this application (maybe referring to skype), then three buttons would say abort, retry, close. All of which did not help.

asgard1123

Estimable
Feb 10, 2015
Sounds like your problem is with the network access. It may be that reporting cookies are blocking your bandwidth. Set your antivirus program to remove them or remove them manually with your browser. In Windows you can always use the task manager to shut down individual programs, kill processes or stop services. The difficulty is identifying which ones are causing the problem. Look for processes that are using up a lot of resource. If I have to spend more than an hour finding this sort of problem, I back up my system, clear the disk and reload.the Operating System. It all depends on whether you urgently need your system working or are prepared to spend time searching for a fault. You can also try running another browser. If it is killing the browser it is likely to be infected with malware.

mattygeeftw

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Ok. So I found what it was and it came back after a while. The problem is that a process called compatibility check causes all of this (there are 4 processes named that). So I ended them and the problem didnt come. After about 20 mins those processes came back again but it was too late because the issues arose and had to relog. So this compatibility check is causing this. Now im not sure how to fix it.

asgard1123

Estimable
Feb 10, 2015
On the process list, double click to open up. Then set the process to disabled and see if it comes back. It does not appear on my win 7 or on build 9879 of win 10 process list but I would not leave it permanently disabled.

mattygeeftw

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
I tried disabling the processes (there were about 5) but it came back somehow. I downloaded the bitdefender antivirus and it found the files that were causing it. Now it doesnt work. I guess my antivirus beforehand was bad.