Help Determine why girlfriends laptop is slow

michigan_man

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
This laptop was brand new less than 2 years ago. My girlfriend never uses it because she complains it has been super slow since day one. I looked through the computer and there's barely anything on it. So i am thinking that it was just built bottlenecked and something needs upgraded (i think the RAM). Im pretty hardware savvy and a good trouble shooter, i have fixed my fair share of computers. But im a little lost when it comes to this. So any help is appreciated. If you need anymore info than what i have provided please let me know.

Also i was wondering if taking windows 8 off, and replacing it with windows 7 would help any.

Operating System: Windows 8 (not windows 8.1)
Manufacturer: Toshiba
Model: Satellite C855D
Processor: AMD E-300 with Radeon (tm) HD Graphics 1.30 GHx
RAM: 2GB
System type: 64-bit OS, x64 processor

Solution

dingo07

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
well, 2GB of RAM that's probably shared with the GPU (just a guess) will get you nowhere fast! first you should do if u want to keep the laptop is to max the RAM, or at least put 8GB in it. The second thing is put in an SSD if it didn't come with one - I didn't take the time to research the specs.

jdwii

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
OMG that CPU is so weak it makes the Athlon II x2 look good. Man that is why its so slow i used to own the E-350 and its only good for the web and 480P video on youtube. Get a new laptop with a A10-A8 in it or a Intel I3 or better laptop.

volcanoscout

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
Solution