4gb ddr3 ram
Nvidia GeForce gt 730m-2gb
500 gb hdd
2.Dell inspiron n5420
Intel core i7 3612qm
4gb ddr3 ram
Nvidia GeForce gt 630m-1gb
1tb hdd

These 2 I'm confused between ram is not a concern because I will upgrade it to 8-12gb my main concern is cpu & gpu combination which is very important

I want it only for gaming

Solution
Generally speaking, the GT 730m is the more powerful graphics chip is more powerful than the GT 630m. However, actual performance can be affected by how powerful the CPU in cases where the game is dependent on the CPU.

The Core i7-3537u is the weaker CPU compared to the Core i7-3612qm not only because it only has 2 cores, but also because the clockspeed is lower. However, when choosing a gaming laptop you want the laptop with the stronger GPU because ultimately it is the GPU that will affect performance. That's assuming the CPU is not absurdly slow. If you can somehow put a Penitum 3 266MHz CPU in a laptop with a GTX 780m graphics chip compared to a laptop with a Core i3 2.0GHz and a GT 730m, I will guarantee you that the laptop with...

LummusMaximus

Honorable
The first one has a slightly better GPU:

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GT-730M-vs-GeForce-GT-630M

The second, however, has a much better CPU: a quad-core thingo vs a dual-core low-voltage thingo. Sure, the first will get you better battery life, but in terms of performance? The second has a way better CPU.

To recap: the first gas a slightly better graphics card, whereas the second has a far superior processor.

LummusMaximus

Honorable
Well, that's fair enough. What I can tell you is the processor boost is quite large, opposed to the GPU boost which is comparatively minor. What I'd go for is the better CPU, as that gives a more definitive boost than the better graphics.

Tomin8or

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
Kripal, if you plan to do CPU intensive tasks, buy the one with a better CPU. If you are only concerned about gaming, or other GPU oriented tasks, get the one with a better GPU. It is based on your needs.

Generally speaking, the GT 730m is the more powerful graphics chip is more powerful than the GT 630m. However, actual performance can be affected by how powerful the CPU in cases where the game is dependent on the CPU.

The Core i7-3537u is the weaker CPU compared to the Core i7-3612qm not only because it only has 2 cores, but also because the clockspeed is lower. However, when choosing a gaming laptop you want the laptop with the stronger GPU because ultimately it is the GPU that will affect performance. That's assuming the CPU is not absurdly slow. If you can somehow put a Penitum 3 266MHz CPU in a laptop with a GTX 780m graphics chip compared to a laptop with a Core i3 2.0GHz and a GT 730m, I will guarantee you that the laptop with the Core i3 + GT 730m will hands down beat a Pentium 3 + GTX 780m.

The following link has benchmarks of the several nVidia laptop GPUs that can help give you an idea of the relative performance. The number on the left is the GPU's rank in a much larger list of GPUs.

notebookcheck.net

Solution