Help identifying/removing particular adware on Chrome. (Banners, pop ups, Ali Express)

5hadowking115

Estimable
Apr 10, 2014
So, for the past month, there's been this virus that I'm not even sure how I got (I visit a few shady sites, so that's probably it, though I don't know specifics) it. I've compiled a few research pieces to analyze, but I don't even know where to begin. Here's a link with several files that I prepared if anyone can help.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5G3nXYpzvhxfkN3MW9Vc2hMcUNkaHBicE05RkhsUTl0RkluVHZRNnoxSkdKZWJPbnBxNmc&usp=sharing

I could really use the help. It's so annoying because everyday, the frequency increases. First, I encountered the adware every 20 pages or so. Now, it's about every 6, so it's getting worse. And now, there's little windows that pop up in the middle of the screen. Here's my PC info in case it helps:

-Computer: Aorus X7 Pro Gaming Laptop
-RAM: 16 GB Unknown Frequency and Manufacturer
-GPU: 2x Nvidia GTX 970M in SLI
-CPU: Intel I7 4870HQ

I just hope someone can help me.

Solution
Depending on the virus you have, ESET should remove it. If it finds nothing, I would try another free scanner that you can download and create a bootable cd or usb drive.

5hadowking115

Estimable
Apr 10, 2014

No, I don't, unfortunately. I already tried Malwarebytes on this computer, though, and it found nothing.

englandr753

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2007
Try this:

http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/

Youre best solution is to find a scanner you can burn the image to a disk or thumb drive and scan at boot before the OS is active. This will keep the virus from rendering your scanner useless.

englandr753

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2007
Depending on the virus you have, ESET should remove it. If it finds nothing, I would try another free scanner that you can download and create a bootable cd or usb drive.

Solution

5hadowking115

Estimable
Apr 10, 2014

I'm not exactly sure how to do that. Create a bootable USB, I mean.

5hadowking115

Estimable
Apr 10, 2014

Sorry. Didn't work. It says recover username and it won't let me enter a password when it asks for one.

5hadowking115

Estimable
Apr 10, 2014
Jesus Crust. I found the solution. Apparently, it was either one of two extensions (LinkChecker Lite, or Turn Off the Lights). I noticed it because earlier in the day, I had enabled them in incognito, but right now, I did some testing, and sure enough, when I clicked on a video (YES THAT KIND OF VIDEO, NOW SHUSH) it took me to the same redirect pages as before. Mystery solved, so now I just need to warn people that it's one of those two.