Solved! Help! Lenovo Flex 4 1580 screen replacement: not turning on

Jun 6, 2020
My Lenovo Flex 4 1580 VE had screen issue, so it would work normally with an external monitor except the screen.

I ordered a replacement from Amazon and before it arrived, I was playing with current screen to see if it starts. With power on and monitor connected, I tightened the display cable (EDP cable connection with the LCD). At one point, I pressed the screwdriver a bit around LCD's port where display cable connects(pointed in the pic below) and somehow the laptop powered down immediately. I thought it could be related to faulty screen, so waited for the ordered screen to arrive.

Now, even with the new screen attached, the laptop is not turning on. The light besides the power button never turns on. At charging port, I see a white light which blinks once when I press the power button and that's all. Caps lock/Num lock does not turn on.

As per some of the forum posts, I removed the back cover of the laptop, removed the power supply, disconnected battery-pack connector, pressed the power button for 1 min, connected the battery-pack connector, and started the laptop. That didn't help.

Any pointers on what to do next? I am utterly clueless so anything would help.

Thank you

Solution
Without a tech actually looking at the system or replacing parts there is no way to know what you can try. You could have caused a short that killed the motherboard.
Jun 6, 2020
Thank you @hang-the-9 for your reply. I understand I literally screwed-up. :(

Before I throw this down in the dump, would you recommend a way to confirm if motherboard is fried? I found a couple of posts on this site and on Google, but many of them are related to PC and not sure how I could utilize instructions for laptop.