Help : Looking for an Amp for Canton

Mahoran

Estimable
Jul 26, 2015
Hi folks

I bought these Canton GLE 470.2 loudspekaers (100W) each and the vendor says that I need power them up at least 100W. I am looking for an amp that would do the job without costing me a fortune. Coyld you please kindly advise as to what type of amp ( brand and specs) I can go for please? I've seen some vintage stuff like Fine arts a 9000 but not certain what to do. the new high end stuff like Marantz are above my budget.. Do I need somethign else other than the amp?
thanks
Maho

Solution
The amount of power you need depends on how loud you want. For normal listening a quality amp of 50WPC (watts / channel) should be fine. With JUST a CD player, you really don't have any volume control An "integrated" amp might be a better choice or a standard receiver (which adds a radio tuner).

Mahoran

Estimable
Jul 26, 2015

thx for your prompt reply. I have a CD player only.. loudspeakers..I was told that I need to boost the signal which makes sense but not sure if I need something else. is the amp supposed to be 100W or OK to underpower as well?
thx

kanewolf

Judicious
The amount of power you need depends on how loud you want. For normal listening a quality amp of 50WPC (watts / channel) should be fine. With JUST a CD player, you really don't have any volume control An "integrated" amp might be a better choice or a standard receiver (which adds a radio tuner).

Solution

Mahoran

Estimable
Jul 26, 2015
Hi again Kanewolf,

Based on your kind response, Marantz PM6002 Integrated Amplifier would be OK for this purpose.? The vendor insists that I get something with 100 Wattage ( for my Canton GLE 470.2, 2x 100W ) but many people say Marantz PM6002 Integrated Amplifier (2x45 W) should be OK because 100 W will be too loud anyhow.
thanks again