Solved! $400 Budget, Looking for a gaming headset (PC / PS4 / Switch) and amp if it makes a big difference

Sep 22, 2019
Hey everyone, I have a $400 budget and mostly game on my PS4 and Nintendo Switch and some on the PC, but will probably start watching movies if the headset is good enough, I listen to music every once in a while.

I'm looking for a headset with surround sound, not sure if rumble is a gimmick or drives the price up it would be nice but it's not needed.
Also, I'm not sure if getting an amp makes a serious impact on the sound, so if it does, please keep that in the budget. If I have to, I'll get an amp further down the line. Finally, the headset does not need to have a mic attached, If I can buy a mic and have it work with my ps4 and the headset I buy, I'll do that.

This will be an investment for at least a few years.

I am looking for a closed back set.

Thanks a lot in advance, links are very welcome.

Solution
Since your budget is pretty high I would recommend getting a normal set of closed-back headphones with a modmic or a minimic. You can get a very good pair of headphones for all around usage for under $400.

I would recommend the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro.
Sep 22, 2019
Since your budget is pretty high I would recommend getting a normal set of closed-back headphones with a modmic or a minimic. You can get a very good pair of headphones for all around usage for under $400.

I would recommend the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro.

Last edited:
Solution