Help me get my H2100 headset working please !!!!!

luccabertone

Estimable
Mar 18, 2015
As above yesterday I purchased H2100 to replace my ageing Plantronics 780's.

No stupidly I presumed it would just be a case of unboxing, attaching the dongle, charging the headset and off I go. Wrong. Firstly my system specs are as follows:

Windows 10 Home 64-bit
RAMPAGE V EXTREME
i7 5820K
12GB EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN X SC
Corsair Dominator 16.0GB Ram
WD 1TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive
Crucial CT120M500SSD1 120GB M500
Corsair 900D Super Tower
Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers
Asus Blu-ray Writer Drive
Logitech G710+ Keyboard
Corsair Gaming CGM65 RGB 8200 DPI Laser Gaming Mouse
Corsair H2100 7.1 Wireless Dolby Headset

All software/bios updated yesterday.

Now as you can see I also have a 5.1 surround sound speaker setup, I presumed that once I had plugged the dongle and activated the headset the speakers would cut out like with my 780's and the headset would kick in....Wrong, The speakers still blare out at full pelt and there's nothing coming from the 2100's.

I went into sound options and hit the test button and I did hear the test bleeps through the headset.

Do I have to alter a setting in sound option every time I want to use the 2100s or do I have cable In the wrong socket somewhere? or am I just missing something? Or should I be returning them?

My sound settings are so hammered now from messing I cant even be bothered to sort them back out so I'm just doing a fresh W10 install.

If any1 can give me any advice or a step by step guide on how to get these things working it would be so very much appreciated.

Thanks
Lucca