Help me to choose right leptop! (please

Seeking for Truth

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017
Hello,
I have hard time choosing between two laptops. First one is Acer Aspire, 15.6" FHD, Intel Core i7 6500U, 16GB, 128Gb SSD+1Tb. Nvidia GTX950 2Gb. Second, one is Asus Zenbook UX510U, 15.6" FHD, Intel Core i7 7500, 8Gb, 1TB HDD, Nvi, GTX950 2GB. Also it has anti-glare screen, while acer has glossy screen.Asus laptop has 4hour battery life time. I was told about this by the serviceman who was helping me to choose a laptop. He told me that using this laptop while playing and chatting and using full hd it would last 2 hours maybe little bit more. While, Acer has battery life of 12 hour, but this number is given by manufacturers so It isn't clear how much it would really last, while doing stuff which I listed above. The problem is that I don't know exact amount of battery life for both laptops. Also, I think 16 Gb Ram maybe overkill. Mostly I use my laptop for writing essays,watching movies and playing online games. I don't use it for 3D graphic design and things like that so maybe 16 Gb is way to much for me. And Asus is 7th generation, but I don't know exactly how important that might be for comparison. Price difference is small. Asus Zenbook just cost 20$ more than Acer Apire. So in the end I'm really confused, because I'm not sure, which one I should take.

Thanks for help ))

P.S. Asus weights 1kg and Acer 2kg. Just a side note ;)

Solution
both uses a U processor so battery life would be good on both machine.if the price is the same i would go for the acer as it has a 128GB ssd which will make everything snappy.also there is minimal or no difference in term of performance betweeen the 6th gen and the 7th gen U processor so you can cross that out.probably just less power draw maybe.
both uses a U processor so battery life would be good on both machine.if the price is the same i would go for the acer as it has a 128GB ssd which will make everything snappy.also there is minimal or no difference in term of performance betweeen the 6th gen and the 7th gen U processor so you can cross that out.probably just less power draw maybe.

Solution

Seeking for Truth

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017

Thanks for help! I decided that I will take Acer. After I will buy it, I will just take anti-glare screen protector to solve a problem with glossy screen and that's all.