Help my new Battery charged once but now it won't charge!

Bonnie_5

Commendable
Feb 8, 2016
Hi I replaced my Acer Aspire V3-551-8442 battery because it wouldn't charge. The new battery charged just fine (99%) I used my computer with just the battery & when it told me the battery was low, I shut it down & plugged the ac adapter in, I let it charge for 12 hrs. but it will not take a charge. HELP!

Solution
If you got a cheap battery, it may be a bad one. Try another battery, an official Acer one, if not look for a copy with at least a 1+ year warranty, even though those are usually bad also.
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug its AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then boot it back up and see if would charge.
- If it doesn't work do test if the AC adapter is working properly, remove the battery and boot the laptop up with just its AC adapter and see if it would load normally.
- If it doesn't boot up that means the AC adapter it faulty and needs a replacement as well.
- If it does boot up that means it's working properly but do still try another AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it would charge the new battery or not.
- Do also try to uninstall/reinstall the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant system" from Device Manager for your battery.
- If all these will not work then the problem may lie inside the charging port in the motherboard itself.