help!! my rabbitate my power cord now laptop wont work

jasen508

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
so my rabbit ate my power cord was plugged into the computer I got a replacement power cord and now the laptop Will not turn on so tried removing the battery and plugin and nothing seems to work. I am a professional DJ and this is my music computer I'm hoping to find out what the rabbit might've fried inside and possibly get it fixed and short order

maxwellmelon

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
well not for sure but motherboards prob failed.the power control is built into laptops motherboards and usually are non resettable replacable as they are usually solid state. if it wont boot from battery or power supply something most likely died within the laptop. even if the computer was on and the battery go low windows will shut it off at 5% left at worst case. That would leave enough juice in battery to flash the screen on for one or two boots.(even though widows would shut down immediately)

just wondering
1.does the power light even light up if you plug the adaptor in?
2. does the voltage and amps listed on the new supply match the old one(read the label on them plz)?
3. if you can find someone with the same laptop you could try to trade batterys and see if it would start.
4. take hard drive out and put in another computer or external adaptor to get to your files

Anyone else feel free to add you views to help him.

maxwellmelon

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
I would guess that you just need a new motherboard you should be able to reuse ur cpu unless it is soldered onto the motherboard. It might be cheaper and easier and better to just get a new laptop and have your data moved over to it. you didnt say the age of it. I still wouldn't have guessed it would have fried the board but it to me seems like the only likely thing unless someone else has an idea on it.

maxwellmelon

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
just as a question if its still under warranty? if so you could see if you can do a claim on it. otherwise if you think you have the skill and patience you could just replace the motherboard because it is still a fairly new system.

as a note replacing a motherboard on a laptop can be done but theres lots of little parts and tab wires to deal with and there other stuff that you could break while doing it. you usually have to undo everything to get it out (if you never done it could take two to four hours to do it without rushing) and usually theres no guide on how to do it all but you can Google for it (model tear down guide) and there is still no for sure that will fix the problem.

I really wish someone else would have responded on this thread to let me know that theres nothing else to check.

also to check that theres no one else that you know that has the same battery as yours that you could swap batterys and check to see if your powers up or your battery works in theres.
that would help to be sure that the battery pack isn't bad which means its most likely the motherboard.

jasen508

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
Even If The Batt Was No Good Woldn't The Little Light Come on? i Was Thinking Of Trying It Myself.... I Have Always Been Able To Fix Most Everthi.G I Try. Just Take Pic's As I Go So I Remember Ecactly How It Goes Back Together.

jasen508

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
Btw I Was Thinking I Should Tear It Down To Find What Is Wrong With It Before Ordering Parts. What Should I Look For On It That Would Be Burned Up Or Blown... Also If I Tear It Down Can I Upgrade Cpu's To I7's? Would I Order A MotheBoard With Them On It Already? Will It Fit If I Do? Lol I Have Faith In mY Ability But I Dont Want To Screw MySelf Either.

tavisc

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013
Welcome to the forums. First things first, please Don't Type Like This. It makes your posts difficult to read. Secondly, yes, you can order a new motherboard, and it should fit with no problems, provided you order a direct replacement. That means it has to be the same SKU as the one you're replacing. If your laptop came in multiple configurations with different CPU's, then yes, you should be able to upgrade your CPU. If it didn't, then you're likely stuck with whatever I5 it came with.