Help picking out laptop and printer for mom.

aray88

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
Hi all, I needed some help picking out a laptop and printer for my mom.

My mom does a lot of selling on ebay. She sits with an old woman on the weekends and she's looking for a laptop and printer to take with her so she can print postage in her downtime.

As far as the laptop goes, I know she doesn't need anything special or high end. All it will be used for is web browsing.

I'm having trouble with the printer selection though. It'd be nice to find one that's wireless or bluetooth that is compatible with the laptop.

I suggested just a cheaper HP or something that she can just hook up and print but I don't know for sure.

Her budget is $500 USD.

I'm located in Texas and have looked at Amazon, Newegg and Tigerdirect but I'm open to any sites.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Solution

aray88

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014

Yes $500 for both.

I'd really like new but if it's a good enough deal on used/refurbished then I could go that way.

Also, I'm not looking for anything high end.

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-D550MA-DS01-15-6-Inch-Laptop-Black/dp/B00HQZGZ38/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403094616&sr=8-1&keywords=15.6in+asus

$288

Make sure to go through windows update and update to windows 8.1

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Products-MX472-Wireless-All-In-One/dp/B00HM0IV98/ref=cm_cd_ql_qh_dp_t

$60

aray88

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014

according to the specs of the hp deskjet 1010 it has no wireless connectivity

aray88

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014

I know. I was just looking at it because it was small and a bit cheaper. All she'd have to do is plug the printer into the laptop via USB and she's good to go right?

Not necessarily easier but would still work.

The combo you posted above might work though. The computer looks fine. I've always been a fan of ASUS so I assume their laptops are pretty decent.

The printer is a bit big though. She's looking for one that's easy to tote around but let me show her and see what she says. But I know too, that a lot of the portable printers are a bit pricey so she might just have to settle.

Thanks for your help.

yes your right printer is heavy and not portable friendly. id choose something lighter if you can. also about the hp deskjet computer more than likely she will have to plug into the computer and she should be good to go. If that doesnt work there is always printer drivers on the hp website that might fix it.

Solution

aray88

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014

Okay well thanks again for your help!