Boxa

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2007
Is any HD Ready LCD TV, Digital ready? Want I want to do is get this
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=623506

and use it with standard aerial, so it must be digital ready. It doesnt say anything about this model being Digital ready but is any HD ready LCD TV also Digital ready?

My Ideal setup is to have standard aerial connected, with a freeview box, plus DVD player, plus connected to my comp...

Im planning on getting this LCD TV and stick it up above my 22" tft on the wall.

Please can you help me out with this?

One other thing any Flatscreen Digital TV works fine with sky and standard aerial right? HD is only an added extra? ie for sky HD and ps3 etc? I wouldnt need a HD ready TV to get digital TV right?

KingLoftusXII

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2006
HD TV's are digital, although they can display analog signals as well with the proper input. This set does not have a built in tuner, so in order to use an aerial you will need a stand alone tuner of some sort. You will not be able to simply plug in an aerial and view over the air HD content with this set.

Boxa

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2007
thanks for the reply, so if I get a freeview box I can and plug standard aerial into that I will get all channels and if/when switch over to digital Im future proof?

KingLoftusXII

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2006
Your future proof in that with a cable/sat box you'll be able to get digital signals with no problem. 1080p would make you even more future proof, but everything gets out-dated eventually.

I've got no experience with the freeview box, so I can't help you in that area, but a quick glance at it's website makes me think you'd be OK.

gonesy

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
The King is quite right, with a freeview box you will be able to receive digital signals to your HDTV although they will not be in HD. You will need to go for something like SKY HD which, of course, comes at a price. On some occassions and depending where you live, you may need to upgrade your existing aerial to a new digital one. The other alternative is to go for the soon to be released FreeSat which, I am led to believe, will come with a couple of HD channels free. You will need a "dish" to receive this new service and a box, again I am led to believe this will cost around £150 all in. There are supposed to be 80 channels at launch rising to around 200 by the end of the year.