Help: Problem with Nvidia GPU not detected, Tried pretty much everything.

Satya Gumilang

Estimable
Dec 4, 2014
I have Asus N550JV (i5, 8MB, GT750m 1MB, WIn 8.1 64Bit). Tried pretty much everything to solve this optimus problem thing, and still when playing games that require 3D (tested with Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, and The Darkness 2), the NVidia's Settings switched back to Intel Graphics. I use Windows 8.1 64 Bit

I read lots of solutions from forums and did these suggestions:
- Updating drivers to the latest ones, both Intel's and Nvidia's from Asus website
- Updating drivers to the latest ones, both Intel's and Nvidia's from thier websites
- Rolling back to drivers to older ones (tried 3 versions below for Nvidia and 1 version for Intel)
- Chainging the GPU RAM set (tried all from 64,128,256,512 Mb) in BIOS. The BIOS is already updated to 208 (latest) when I bought this.
- Switching display from the main (laptop LCD) to the secondary one (LCD monitor through HDMI)
- Trying the "scam" thing with DLL from Skyrim
- Updating the Windows to its latest
- Trying to change EUFI but this feature is not available
- Not trying to reinstall Win 8.1 since I have this trouble right from the beginning. This is a new laptop.

I have another laptop (MSI GE60 2PC Apache: i5, 16MB, GTX850m 2MB, WIn 8.1 64Bit) and everything goes well without trying anything.
What did I miss? What method I haven't try, other than giving up and change the laptop?

Thanks.

rockie_

Estimable
Did you try to set Global settings ->Preferred graphics processor :High performance NVidia processor ? Also right-clicking on the game icon->Run with graphics procesor->High-performance NVidia processor .

If you re trying to launch a game on Steam , it might default to the iGPU . With Origin , no problem