Help to get replacement remote for DEC 5.1 system

GkQfg

Honorable
Nov 25, 2013
I just got a DEC HCS-2018S 5.1 home cinema speaker system but I need to buy a remote for it and I cant find any info on DEC, this system is just a bass unit with five small speakers I dont need it to be an original remote just a remote that works. Ive tried ebay and google but DEC must be an out of range company or very cheap knock-off because there is no info out there!?

GkQfg

Honorable
Nov 25, 2013
I forgot I had a programmable remote control from "Superior 4 in 1" but I dont have the usb programmer and it seems their programming software does not have any DEC codes so does anyone know of a programmable remote that would have the make and model of my 5.1 system DEC HCS-2018S?

GkQfg

Honorable
Nov 25, 2013
I found that DEC was a company back in the 60's to 90's and used the trademark "Digital" DEC known as "Digital Equipment Corporation" but was bought out by Compaq and .... well you can read the rest in the wiki page just google "DEC company" this wiki does not help me find a company headquarters location or a way to search for the model to get a remote so I'm hoping someone here knows more than me about advanced searching as I'm taped out of ideas

GkQfg

Honorable
Nov 25, 2013
Hi ScrewySqrl I'll look into some more universal remotes but one question what is a brute force code test is it some sort of scan/detect on the uni remote that uses all of its built in codes to find a possible connection? I don't mind if the remote buttons are all messed up and don't match the proper layout, as long as I can make the thing work!

MattNA

Estimable
Jan 29, 2016
If you don't mind spending about $40.00 (cheapest I found at Amazon) you can get a Logitech harmony remote. You should double check to see if that system or it's receiver is in their data base. I suggest contacting them first. if your system is not in their data base it won't work for you. You could buy to try but you may lose money returning it.

Added plus of going Harmony is it will control 8 components. Activities by Harmony too. You'll love it.
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Harmony-Universal-Control-Entertainment/dp/B00J7KM5X4/ref=sr_1_6?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1454120107&sr=1-6&keywords=harmony+remote