HELP: Trying to use headphones with my Samsung Plasma Model: PN60F5300AFXZA

markg87

Estimable
Dec 26, 2015
First and foremost, I have very little knowledge when it comes to tech stuff in general. My goal is to watch TV with headphones so I don't disturb my roommates at night. I have a Samsung Plasma TV Model: PN60F5300AFXZA. Here are the specs: http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/PN60F5300AFXZA-specs

My local Best Buy scratched their heads when I came to them with my issue and sent me on my way with no solution. If anyone out there knows if there is a way to use headphones with this TV, the solution would be greatly appreciated. I use Cable, Apple TV and Blu Ray with my television, and would want the headphones to work across the board.

ssddx

Glorious
most of the so called "experts" at best buy know very little so that is not surprising.

from the specs page you listed it seems like you only have spdif optical output.. in which case an optical device like budwich suggested is your best bet.

such a device can be paired up easily with wireless headphones meant for tv use as they often use either 3.5mm or rca connections. it can also be used for wired headphones but you might need a cheap amplifier for those.

ssddx

Glorious
most of the so called "experts" at best buy know very little so that is not surprising.

from the specs page you listed it seems like you only have spdif optical output.. in which case an optical device like budwich suggested is your best bet.

such a device can be paired up easily with wireless headphones meant for tv use as they often use either 3.5mm or rca connections. it can also be used for wired headphones but you might need a cheap amplifier for those.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Streaming Video & TVs 0
A Streaming Video & TVs 8
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 3
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 0