Help, what s this?! Malware, virus...? windows/system32/cdm

game-source

Honorable
May 8, 2014
hello,
so recently I've noticed that everytime I start my pc - windows 8, a "windows/ system32/ cdm" appears and then a russian gaming site pops up in my browser - bizigames.org. like....what the heck?!!? I ran windows defender but didn't find anything. Then I ran malwarebytes - found 25 threats but after cleaning them and restarting my pc, the site and cmd message poped up again! I saw other people complaining about the cdm/system32 pop up but not like mine and without any site showing up.

eatmypie

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
If it uses something like CMD to redirect you to that site it really isn't all that sophisticated of a virus. Just check your list of start-up programs in your start up folder and I bet it just has something placed in there.

I would just go to http://malwaretips.com/blogs/bizigames-org-removal/ don't follow the guide, just go down to the comment section and follow the instructions as said in the first comment that will most likely work.

game-source

Honorable
May 8, 2014

Couldn't find it. I searched for the bizi virus ad and tried out Rkill - by bleepingcomputers but didn't find anything + combofix isn't supported on wondows 8.1.

eatmypie

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
If it uses something like CMD to redirect you to that site it really isn't all that sophisticated of a virus. Just check your list of start-up programs in your start up folder and I bet it just has something placed in there.

I would just go to http://malwaretips.com/blogs/bizigames-org-removal/ don't follow the guide, just go down to the comment section and follow the instructions as said in the first comment that will most likely work.

game-source

Honorable
May 8, 2014

It worked!!! I deleted it by using ccleaner as said in the comments. Thank you!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
frostin71 Antivirus / Security / Privacy 4
Me. Opanak Antivirus / Security / Privacy 1
S Antivirus / Security / Privacy 1
DCB007 Antivirus / Security / Privacy 4
N Antivirus / Security / Privacy 5
N Antivirus / Security / Privacy 6
F Antivirus / Security / Privacy 2
T Antivirus / Security / Privacy 2
G Antivirus / Security / Privacy 2
L Antivirus / Security / Privacy 1
G Antivirus / Security / Privacy 1