Status
Not open for further replies.

0001ark

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013
I have laptop from a friend which is the Acer Aspire 5732z.
He gave it to me to remove malware and viruses but there were so many that I chose to do a clean install of Windows 7.
Everytime I do a clean install eveything works fine except the Windows Update which gets stuck at "Checking for Updates" forever with almost 50% constant CPU usage of its process.
I tried various methods to resolve it by searching the web but nothing works.
This is my 4th clean install, driver updating and essential app installation and still Windows Update refuses to work.
I used 3 different ISO images already.

Pls help!

JustSumDad

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016

Not really the speed that is the issue, if you load a pc with win7 fresh it just WONT run windows update until you disconnect from the internet, reboot and run KB3102810 manually.
Then reboot and reconnect to the internet and it will work, a little slow but it will work after that.

At least this is what I have been finding since Nov-ish...

ffg7

Splendid
just finished reloading win7 on a customer's laptop, manually installed that update without disconnecting the net nor if correct having to restart the laptop to do the other updates which were found a lot quicker then before.

rayj00

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012

I have done fresh Win 7 install many times. on many different platforms. I have never had an issue with updating.
Why all of the sudden are there issues? Quite frankly it appears to be a "fix" that M$ put in to aggravate you enough to skip 7 and go to 10!! I am pissed!!!

Miggity

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
I was fighting the same issue just now, installed KB 3102810 and no luck. Installed .net and KB 949104 and I am downloading 251 updates to Win 7 SP1 Ultimate. You need to update the updater.

ONineYards

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016

I downloaded this standalone installer, and it too is stuck "searching for updates on this computer" I triple checked that it was the right update. I'm running a fresh Windows 7 professional install right off the disk, I've only installed my motherboard drivers and the driver for the network card built into my motherboard. Other than that I've only installed Firefox, and verified that my copy of Windows is authentic. What's impeding it from working now? :(

bigdadblair

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016

You need to disconnect your internet, make sure your wireless is not set to automatically connect . Then restart , goto to dl folder and run, worked me just that time!!

bigdadblair

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016
You need to disconect your internet, make sure your wireless in not set up to auto connect then restart your pc, goto download folder and run the file!!Just worked me few mins ago.

bigdadblair

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016

Hi I had this same problem but it can e fixed easy, fist you need to dl this update https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49540 this is for 64 bit, before you run this you need to disconnect your wifi, and LAN and unclick the box in you internet settings where is will automatically connect when windows starts, then restart you PC. Once its back up and running, run the update your just DL(make sure not to connect to internet until update has finished . Now that you have that done you should update the updater here is the link for the DL https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/949104. Now when this is done reboot your PC and goto update and this time it should find updates, still may take a little time, but usually get fist couple in 10 15 mins.

Brad T

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014
I tried the solution step by step but no luck on my Acer Aspire One 722 with Windows 7 Premium 64-Bit with SP1. The progress bar just continues to go back and forth.

I tried "Hi I had this same problem but it can e fixed easy, fist you need to dl this update https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?i... this is for 64 bit, before you run this you need to disconnect your wifi, and LAN and unclick the box in you internet settings where is will automatically connect when windows starts, then restart you PC. Once its back up and running, run the update your just DL(make sure not to connect to internet until update has finished . Now that you have that done you should update the updater here is the link for the DL https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/949104. Now when this is done reboot your PC and goto update and this time it should find updates, still may take a little time, but usually get fist couple in 10 15 mins."

Unfortunately no luck. I am open to trying anything else. Thanks for any suggestions.....Brad

PS - Wait!!!!!!!!!! It worked!!!!

I let is sit for over an hour, but finally is started downloading updates!!!!! 236 of them!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

bigdadblair

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016

Excellent thats good to hear bud. Can message if you has any other probs.

Status
Not open for further replies.