Help with CPU Identification and Troubleshooting

Hamza Chodhry

Estimable
May 4, 2014
My windows has changed the processor it shows my laptop was using. At first it showed I was using i7 6600 u which it originally has and now its showing i7 6500u. I used cpu z and its showing that I indeed am using i7 6600u but under the specifications its still listing i7 6500u and core temp is also displaying i7 6500 u.
I wanted to know which processor do I really have? My amd driver showed i7 6600u but at the time of writing, its showing the processor as blank. For the past few days I have been gaming a lot and I am overheating but its hasn't been anything serious and my laptop is fairly new.

I'm kind of new to posting like this so if I've posted at the wrong place pleas do tell me and id love to know what's happening with my system.

Hamza Chodhry

Estimable
May 4, 2014

I ran HWINFO and it seems I really do have an i7 6500u, now my question is why did my system and cpu z show me using an i7 6600u before. I think the new windows 10 update might have something to do with this. is it something to be concerned about? I know my systems is genuine because I got it from an original vendor.