Help with driver problem

Silverdudes

Estimable
Sep 28, 2015
So recently, I got a notebook I have had to get running because I got a VGA cord to connect it to my TV, due to the fact that the screen on the notebook being smashed.

The problem that I'm facing is that when ever I try to run the notebook with the graphic drivers enabled, it will not boot into Windows normally, so i have to go into safe mode and disable them. Yesterday I updated the drivers for the GPU and that did nothing.

The notebook is an Acer Aspire One D257 and from what I could find, the graphics accelerator is an Intel GMA 3150. I really do wish I could get this problem fixed.
-Thank You

[OS = Windows Vista]

Solution
If the laptop crashes when you install the correct drivers, that is usually a hardware issue. You can try a clean Windows setup and installing the drivers from Acer again. If they still crash, I'd just replace the thing, those are so cheap that repairing it would cost more than buying a full system.
Get the drivers from Acer's website (use the correct site for your country), in the support area.
http://www.acer.com/worldwide/

However, you should really get a new screen fitted too - - it's hardly a mobile PC any more while it has to be hooked up to an external monitor, it's currently more like a desktop PC but without the upgrade opportunities.

Silverdudes

Estimable
Sep 28, 2015

I uninstalled the drivers completely, so it says when I go to change the resolution "Generic Pnp Display".
I have no idea why the dorum automatically thinks its Windows Vista, its Windows 7.

If the laptop crashes when you install the correct drivers, that is usually a hardware issue. You can try a clean Windows setup and installing the drivers from Acer again. If they still crash, I'd just replace the thing, those are so cheap that repairing it would cost more than buying a full system.

Solution