Help with older surround sound

dreamacrowder

Prominent
Nov 7, 2017
Oh boy here goes, I have a older surround system 4 small speakers and subwoofer they don't go into a receiver, I have a newer Samsung model # LNT5265F S TV.My question is how can I splice wires or something to run thru input output jacks into TV and even if I can do that how can I run 5 speakers into audio in on TV back of TV has place that says components in but only has 3 places to use, Help and thanks

Solution
"Component" on the back of a TV is a set of video input ports. Your surround system will require some kind of receiver/controller to get audio from the TV. Newer TVs have only HDMI or optical audio output as multi-channel outputs. You have to have something that can connect to one of those two interfaces.

kanewolf

Judicious
"Component" on the back of a TV is a set of video input ports. Your surround system will require some kind of receiver/controller to get audio from the TV. Newer TVs have only HDMI or optical audio output as multi-channel outputs. You have to have something that can connect to one of those two interfaces.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS