Help with preventing pop up windows

Tyler-767

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
Hello, I'm sure a lot of you use streaming sites. As you know, 90% of the time you click, a new window pops up. Not a tab or a little screen but another window. Adblock and popupblock don't seem to help at all with this. And some of those windows if you don't close them before they load, they lock up your screens with ransomware and you have to use task manager to get free.

If anyone has any kind of addon for firefox or chrome that stops this please let me know. Thanks

mdd1963

Distinguished
If you wade in risky pubfilm and stream-tv4 areas, you will definitely learn what you can/can't click on; I doubt most popup-blockers can successfully block only what you wish was blocked....unfortunately. (Not that I've ever been to such websites, of course!) :)

JoshRoss

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
Which streaming sites in particular? The ones that I use, most of the ads that can be blocked, are. But if the pop ups are annoying, I just use uBlock's manual feature to block ads and blacklist certain areas. Since I am more tech-savvy, I also surf through JS scripts manually and disable on-scroll and timer based ads.

JoshRoss

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
I am glad to hear, that it is sorted out. uBlock is currently one of the best Adblocker addons you can get. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!