Help with S6 activation

Laura_71

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017
I recently purchased an S6 on Ebay and a Straight Talk BYOP kit. However, when I attempted to activate the phone both online and with customer service, they indicated the phone would need to be "rescanned". Does anyone have any advice on bypassing this so I don't have to send the phone back to the seller on eBay?

Solution

OK, you are talking about unlocking the phone, in most cases the phone has to be unlocked by the original carrier to use with another...

Laura_71

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017
I contacted customer service both by phone and online through the advanced technical support. They stated that the phone had never been released from their systems. The girl I purchased the phone from stated she had used the phone with another carrier for a year, the ESN was clean, and that I needed to purchase the BYOP kit to get it to work. I did this but it still would not work because the phone had never been released from their systems. I ended up sending the phone back to her as I felt the phone had been stolen and purchased another S6 with more memory. Thank you for your time and help.

OK, you are talking about unlocking the phone, in most cases the phone has to be unlocked by the original carrier to use with another one. If the phone is part of a contract or owned by someone that owes the carrier money they won't unlock the phone for use.

Solution