Help with soundbar

robbiedennie

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017
I have a Polaroid flatscreen. I bought a soundbar.y tv dies not have an audio output jack. I used the two red/ white to r l sound jacks in soundbar and tv. Still dies not work. I turned speakers off to my tv in settings. Still dies not work. It's only hooked up to blu Ray what am I doing wrong

Solution
We can't check what connections the TV might have without the model number.
If it doesn't have any audio outputs then you can't connect a soundbar to it.
If the bluray has audio outputs you can connect the soundbar directly to it. You may need to go into the bluray menu to get it working.
If the bluray doesn't have audio out then you could use an HDMI input selector with audio extraction to provide an audio output for the soundbar.
You may also be able to connect a speaker to line level converter to the speaker wires inside the TV to provide an audio output. Not electrically complicated but would void the warranty.
We can't check what connections the TV might have without the model number.
If it doesn't have any audio outputs then you can't connect a soundbar to it.
If the bluray has audio outputs you can connect the soundbar directly to it. You may need to go into the bluray menu to get it working.
If the bluray doesn't have audio out then you could use an HDMI input selector with audio extraction to provide an audio output for the soundbar.
You may also be able to connect a speaker to line level converter to the speaker wires inside the TV to provide an audio output. Not electrically complicated but would void the warranty.

Solution

robbiedennie

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017