Help with stopping a type of ad.

David Kebodeaux

Estimable
Apr 9, 2014
So I'm trying to view a friend of mines blog but every time I try and click on his page the page will come up then it will load 2-5 different ad sites (in the same window, basically changing the address I typed in) making it impossible to view the site unless I very quickly hit the stop button. I've scanned for maleware and viruses as well as tried different ad blocks. Is there anyway to circumvent this? Also this doesn't seem to happen on any other site. Thanks in advance guys.

Solution
Download Web of trust and see if that site has had any users submitting complaints about the same thing. It will show up as being green if no one has reported anything bad, yellow if many some adds or misleading information, red for malware scams and something that might be potentially illegal. Gray just means no one has submitted anything

lfkfkfkffs

Estimable
Apr 2, 2014
Download Web of trust and see if that site has had any users submitting complaints about the same thing. It will show up as being green if no one has reported anything bad, yellow if many some adds or misleading information, red for malware scams and something that might be potentially illegal. Gray just means no one has submitted anything

Solution

mdd1963

Distinguished
most blogging sites are notorious for exactly that...

stay off of useless blogs....

Unless you want the practice of removing assorted browser hijackers, malware scans/malware removal experience, and, occasional reformat/OS reinstall....