Help with Syskey to troll Scammers

G

Okay,so since I saw quite a few videos of our dear "Microsoft Support" scammers from India getting trolled hard when trying to syskey computers via remote support,I decided to ask you guys on how to exactly:
1.Disable their access to syskey command from the RUN box.
2.Create a custom message when they run the syskey command from the RUN box. (I know it is possible just forgot how to do it)

P.S. I will be trolling them on a Windows 98 Virtual Machine installed on a Windows XP PC.

Solution

So just let them wander around in the VM.

You do realize, though...unless you have this VM very locked down, a lot of things can escape that VM and interact with the host system, and the rest of your network.
G

I honestly don't think so,scammers do not deserve any mercy.

USAFRet

Illustrious

There are 2 ways to troll them.

1. Don't answer
2. If you do, just hang up once you discover what it is.

ok...3
3. Talk for a couple of minutes, and then bring out your inner Tourettes Syndrome, and start swearing at them.

Beyond that, no, we won't help you devise an evil plot to alter the commands and displays in whatever system you foolishly allow them access to.

USAFRet

Illustrious

No they don't.
They also do not deserve my time in figuring out how to do this, nor your time implementing it.

ex_bubblehead

Distinguished
There's also a 4th option, and the one I've used somewhat successfully. I have an otherwise unused server in one corner of the 'computer' room running Gentoo Linux upon which I've installed VirtualBox. In VirtualBox I have installed and configured (and then snapshotted) Windows XP Pro. When I get one of 'those' calls, and I'm in the mood to play, I let them root around in that honeypot VM. My record so far is 1hr 57min and change. Still shooting for 2hr. When they're done I revert to the snapshot and reset for the next one.

G

Guys,did you get the VM part? Virtual Machine? It is impossible for them to access my actual OS.

USAFRet

Illustrious

So just let them wander around in the VM.

You do realize, though...unless you have this VM very locked down, a lot of things can escape that VM and interact with the host system, and the rest of your network.

Solution