Help with Windows Battery Energy Report for Battery Drain

Jun 5, 2018
My laptop's battery seems to be draining way too quickly. I am only running Edge with about 3-5 tabs max, Windows Power Savings power plan with Battery Saver enabled. I have Microsoft Word open and that is about it, but it seems that every 3 minute my battery drains 4-5%.

I personally find this a issue, though I don't know if this drop is normal for laptops. I've run battery troubleshooter and its determined nothing was wrong. I then ran powercfg /energy and it generated 6 errors. The pastebin link has the 6 critical error issues.

https://pastebin.com/0NyEjWnB

I am undervolting my CPU, currently at -149mv. Task manager shows about 6-9% CPU utilization but in the energy report you can see that the CPU utilization turns up about 20% which is really blowing me off.

My laptop is fairly new, about 6 months old so I'm pretty sure it is not a old battery thing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

You did not list any details about the laptop brand/model. If you have the screen dimmed and the system on lower power mode seems way too fast for the battery to drain. Did you contact the vendor? Just because it's new does not mean there are no issues with it. I have some Dell models at work that had bad batteries fresh out of the box, and then a lot of failures within months of use.