Solved! Hey. My RCA voyager III tablet just started having sound problems.

Jan 22, 2019
Basically, the speaker stopped playing sound. Nothing is muted. None of the sounds will work, including alarms. I haven't done anything to damage the speaker, unless playing stuff at full volume counts as damaging the device. For some reason, blowing into the speaker brings the sound back, but only for a few seconds(if that helps). Is it possible that the speaker could be messy and that's why it's not working?

I just need a solution, any suggestions at all would be a great help

Solution
It should be. Most are under warranty for at least a year. I would contact the manufacturer then. You don't want to void that warranty by opening it up.

When it comes to the sound, and turning it up, you might want to consider using external speakers that have a separate volume control (on the speakers themselves) for louder sounds. This way you can turn the sound only partially up on the device itself while turning up the external speaker(s) louder. You can get them pretty cheap. And forget the more costly stuff (directly made for tablets) any speakers with a 3.5mm jack will work. Can usually pick up a set for less than $10.
Sounds like there is a loose connection somewhere in the speaker. However if it is one that is repairable or not is a whole other thing. It may well need a new speaker.

If you feel comfortable opening it up and doing the work yourself (and it isn't under warranty) then I would look at loose connections with the speaker. If, however, it is under warranty, then you need to contact the manufacturer. If you don't feel comfortable doing the work yourself, then you might want to consider a local tech.

Oh, BTW, yes playing something things at full volume all the time can actually damage a speaker.

Jan 22, 2019

I got the tablet on Christmas. Would it still be under warranty? Also, the volume on the tablet isn't even that loud when at full volume, so I guess I'm hecked if I want to hear anything with it.[that could probably have to do with the bad speaker]

It should be. Most are under warranty for at least a year. I would contact the manufacturer then. You don't want to void that warranty by opening it up.

When it comes to the sound, and turning it up, you might want to consider using external speakers that have a separate volume control (on the speakers themselves) for louder sounds. This way you can turn the sound only partially up on the device itself while turning up the external speaker(s) louder. You can get them pretty cheap. And forget the more costly stuff (directly made for tablets) any speakers with a 3.5mm jack will work. Can usually pick up a set for less than $10.

Solution