Hi I have an HP Charcoal 15.6" 15-g019wm Laptop PC with AMD E1-2100 Accelerated Processor, 4GB Memory, 500GB Hard Drive

colepotter

Estimable
Jul 4, 2014
I want to run games on this laptop but it says my CPU is short, it only has 1Ghz, can i replace the CPU with this laptop?

Solution
Even if you could replace the CPU, none of the processors supported by that laptop would be game-ready, nor is the cooling system capable of handling such a processor. I also suspect the motherboard (and power systems) of a $300 laptop would be stressed to failure by anything larger than what it already shipped with.

Like iceblitzed said, save up your money for a new laptop, and purchase a model that can do what you want straight out of the box. We can help you if you don't know where to start looking.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
Even if you could replace the CPU, none of the processors supported by that laptop would be game-ready, nor is the cooling system capable of handling such a processor. I also suspect the motherboard (and power systems) of a $300 laptop would be stressed to failure by anything larger than what it already shipped with.

Like iceblitzed said, save up your money for a new laptop, and purchase a model that can do what you want straight out of the box. We can help you if you don't know where to start looking.

Solution