Hi! My Alcatel Pixi 4 cannot send messages, keyboard does not come up at all. I removed sim, checked wi-fi, all ok, I can rec

rina.cole1949

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017
HI! My Alcatel Pixi 4, not old, cannot send or receive messages, the keyboard does not come up all of a sudden. I opened phone, put chip back in, Wi-fi working, can receive and make calls. Just cannot type, can't send any messages on What's App, nor Gmail, Yahoo etc. NO keyboard!? Can anybody please give me some assistance!?? Thank you so much! Regards! Rina

Solution
If that didn't work, you may want to try starting up the device in "Safe Mode" and see if it shows up then. You wouldn't be able to run most apps in "Safe Mode", but you can try some things that use the keyboard. If it does work, then you have something on the device that is causing the restriction. An app, malware, virus, etc. If that is the case, you will need to remove whatever is the cause and then restart the device after it is gone.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or...
First try restarting the phone. If that doesn't work, then try the following and see if it helps.

1. Go into the "Settings" menu.
2. Locate and tap "Language & Input".
3. Location the "Language" and make sure that it is using your preferred one.
3. Next locate the "Keyboard & Input Methods" section and the "Default" keyboard your device is using
4. Tap the "Settings" for your default keyboard (often a gear icon).
5. Now go back to your "Home" screen and again tap "Settings".
6. Locate and tap "Date & time".
7. Make sure your "Time Zone" and your "Date & Time" are set correctly to your location.
8. Again exit and go back to the "Home" screen.
9. Now check your Google Play Store for updates. There could be updates to your keyboard available.

rina.cole1949

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017

rina.cole1949

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017
Hi! Thanks so much for coming back to me. When I got to point no.3, Keyboard & Input Methods, I cannot tap on it, totally unresponsive. Same with no. 4 for Default Keyboard. It is completely dead! I went back to settings and located date and time. Seems ok. No updates on Google Play store. So, no cannot find my keyboard? It is just no longer available and can't send messages, What's App etc. Thanks anyhow! Appreciated!!! If you can think of another solution, please contact me! Thannks again!!! Rina

If that didn't work, you may want to try starting up the device in "Safe Mode" and see if it shows up then. You wouldn't be able to run most apps in "Safe Mode", but you can try some things that use the keyboard. If it does work, then you have something on the device that is causing the restriction. An app, malware, virus, etc. If that is the case, you will need to remove whatever is the cause and then restart the device after it is gone.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution