hi there, I have this emachine notebook for like 3 years now. There was one instance that i drained out the battery and it st

rich301seb

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
hi there,

I have this emachine notebook for like 3 years now. There was one instance that i drained out the battery and it started to act like it would easy drain and this time it's even worse....It's stuck on 1%. It would show 1% plugged in, charging and yet it's not even increase from that point. Is there anyway or like fixing this or do I really need to get new battery? Please help..

aldan

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2013
you need to determine whether it is the battery or the charger. does the computer run when the charger is plugged in? how long does the computer run when you unplug the charger? if the computer runs indefinitely with the charger plugged in but dies quickly when it is unplugged i would say it needs a battery.if it doesnt run long even when plugged in then the charger is likely the culprit.there is also an outside chance it is the socket in the computer.if you have access to a voltmeter you can check the charger for power.

rich301seb

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

>>since it has 1% remaining on its battery, once charger is unplugged, it will automatically shut off. I tried removing the charger to check if it will somehow charge and yes it did but for just a sec then it will stop and it never increases from 1%. Socket is fine. It's not moving when tried wiggling it and that it stays perfectly working as once there is no battery connected and straight connected to the power outlet. This mainly started when the laptop was totally drained. You think there's still chance to fix this? thanks