High School Student Faces 38 Years In Prison For Hacking Grades

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Well I hope he learned his lesson. He shoulda worked his ass off like every one else.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Whatever, I'm sure he will get some community service and avoid a criminal record. He's only a kid after all. Good luck getting into a decent college/university with a rap like that on your school record though (I guess he could hack in and remove it, but that might not be a good idea). Not that somebody with Cs, Ds, and Fs is going to be getting into any college anyways.

Come on now 38 years for cheating and changing his grades. I would say expulsion and community service are adequate.

I mean based on US Dept of Justice statistics for 1992 the most recent I found
Average sentence
Homicide 149 months
Rape 117 month
Kidnapping 104 months
Sexual Assault 72 months

PDF file

Hacking Grades and Cheating 456 months WTF!!!!

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
@velocityg4

They're just adding up all of the maximum sentences that he could technically get. First of all, he's a minor, and second, it never actually works like that. Do people that download a couple thousand MP3s go to jail for thousands of years and pay billions of dollars in fines?

G

Hmmm... "This kid won't see one day of prison time..."

He's sitting in jail while awaiting trial...

G

REPOST - Well I hope he learned his lesson. He shoulda worked his ass off like every one else.

G

Just another stupid script kiddy.

Now they're making an example of him. Great... just what the rest of us computer jockeys need. Let him rot in prison for his complete lack of intelligence.

Hell, why not charge him as a terrorist and give him the death penalty while they're at it. He has an arabic name, isn't that enough for the Feds these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.