Hipstreet Pheonix tablet-already rooted (kingroot) and partitioned (minitool partition wizard)32g sd card, app2sd still won't

Windy2

Estimable
Jul 3, 2016
Hipstreet Pheonix tablet-already rooted and partitioned sd card, still can't move apps... what did I miss?

Solution
You missed telling us which flavour of Android you're running. :D I'm guessing KitKat because they withdrew that facility in that build. Don't ask me why - it's a mystery.

If I'm guessing correctly, it can be done but you could brick the device. That said, you probably wrecked your Warranty just by rooting it so you might as well try it.

You could go to the Play Store and download APPS2SD and if you're feeling brave, run it but try some searches on it first and read what others think. I'm not recommending it - just pointing the way and saying I wouldn't use it myself.
You missed telling us which flavour of Android you're running. :D I'm guessing KitKat because they withdrew that facility in that build. Don't ask me why - it's a mystery.

If I'm guessing correctly, it can be done but you could brick the device. That said, you probably wrecked your Warranty just by rooting it so you might as well try it.

You could go to the Play Store and download APPS2SD and if you're feeling brave, run it but try some searches on it first and read what others think. I'm not recommending it - just pointing the way and saying I wouldn't use it myself.

Solution

Windy2

Estimable
Jul 3, 2016

Sorry, I'm a dinosaur trying to adapt. All it says is 4.2.2. Don't know what that means. I got this refurbished and warrantee was never an issue, just want to play games on the bus to work! So; I already tried apps2sd, doesn't work and doesn't say why. My storage says I have 12 GB in nand flash, 7GB in sd, and STILL not enough internal storage to keep my touch screen from getting dead spots. Do I need to partition it differently?
Also, after rooting, do I just leave the USB debugging on or do I change settings after I get this working? IF I do, I may have killed it already, I've started getting notifications that playstore has stopped, gmail has stopped, etc, constantly! Or is that just my memory spilling over the edge and the 50 million updates they 're trying to shove down my throat won't fit now? Windy2

I'm running 4.2.2 (Jellybean) myself and the option to move to SdCard is in Settings>More>Applicatons Manager. Tap an App you might want to move and if the Move to dCard box is lit up, it's possible. Those that can't or won't move will dim that box.

Leave USB Debugging on because you need it every time you connect to your PC or laptop to back up photos, etc. Did you enable it after tapping About Device seven times to enable Developer Options? If not, do that now - it's a serious suggestion, not a "dance round the oak tree naked at midnight" hoax.

Uninstall APPS2SD in case that's what is upsetting things. Maybe the screen has issues of its own.

Windy2

Estimable
Jul 3, 2016

Windy2

Estimable
Jul 3, 2016
Yes, I tapped 7 times at midnight, and thank you, I will leave USB debugging on.My menu seems different, I can uninstall from settings>apps but only two have allowed even partial use of sd card. When I partitioned, my 12GB went to nand flash, which is barely touched yet, and the sd card has the 7GB I left there. What is nand flash and why doesn't it help me? I can't find any way to choose a location for downloads, and my internal memory is still too full to even accept updates! Can I partition differently and put those 12GB where I can use them?

Your Nand flash is built in memory and some of the card's patitioning may have added to that. In addition to that, your internal SdCard is also integral so those figures may not include all of the 32GB Micro SdCard you added in to the mix.

If that isn't showing up, it may not have been mounted and that you can do in Settings>More>Storage by tapping the box at the bottom of that screen. I think it may clarify matters if you take that card out and remove the Partition in Windows or Linux then leave the format as FAT and put it back in the device.

Let's see what the figures show then.