Hitting The Road With 8 Bluetooth Headsets

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Your use of the area/radar graph to show the results is crap.

Just make it a bar or column graph so we can figure out which you rate highest, and which you rate lowest. I've been looking at the thing for two minutes just to figure it out, and it is too difficult for no obvious reason.

williamvw

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
[citation][nom]kurt_van[/nom]Who decides which Bluetooth to test and why no plantronics?[/citation]
I spoke with Plantronics when preparing for this article. They did not have a unit that had launched within our recent history window. Sad, too. I've always liked Plantronics gear.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I love my bluetooth headset!
It's stylish, has a huge battery life, oh, and did I mention, it doesn't work with my PSPgo properly? Even thoughh it's a Sony headset>

I dislike the bluetooth headset market, all of them are exactly the same, but every one tries to be unique. What did we end up with? A bunch of ugly looking junk (that motorolla headset is the worst offender listed).
How is $99.99 a reasonable price? You're not buying a X-Fi card here...
Basic, simple, cheap. That's how you win my money. Also, it helps if it works...

adamrleggett

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2005
The Jabra Cruiser is great. It's not 'thick sun visor' friendly - but otherwise I'm pretty happy. Another great speakerphone unit is the BlueAnt Supertooth 3 - however it's far bulkier - but does fit on thicker sun visors better (like the Highlander's with builtin mirror) and does announce phone book names for incoming calls (on the iPhone 3GS) unlike the Jabra for unknown reasons.

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
[citation][nom]adamrleggett[/nom]The Jabra Cruiser is great. It's not 'thick sun visor' friendly - but otherwise I'm pretty happy. Another great speakerphone unit is the BlueAnt Supertooth 3 - however it's far bulkier - but does fit on thicker sun visors better (like the Highlander's with builtin mirror) and does announce phone book names for incoming calls (on the iPhone 3GS) unlike the Jabra for unknown reasons.[/citation]
BlueAnt Supertooth 3 is one of my favorite bluetooth products ever! However, it is not new so we didn't include it here.

G

Great review on the Jabra Stone. The features I liked which made me buy is the form factor. It sits flush to your ear so nothing juts out on your cheeks that will totally call attention. No blinking LED lights either that is just too distracting and annoying to others especially at night. It's perfect in all aspects except for the battery life. I get about 30 minutes on the headset power. I talk a lot on the phone, about minimum of 4 hours a day and sometimes it dies on me in the middle of the call and I have to find my phone to continue my conversation. But well, you can't have everything in one package. For now, I'm just happy that there is a STONE for those of us who just can't live looking like a spaceman talking on a headset. My spaceman days are over.

G

Hello Mr. Winkle!

Thank you for this excellent review :)

After I read this review and this http://bluetoothheadsetreviewsonline.com/motorola-h720-review/ I was hooked to buy this headset and I have not regret it since.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.