Holiday Guide: Gear For Every Gamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Aw, I love Anna's dress. She looks like a little toy soldier! Very cute.[/citation]
Yep, that's the look we were going for!

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]sandmanwn[/nom]just going to throw up a *facepalm* already cause you know those "special" comments are coming.[/citation]

Indeed they are. Let's try and keep the comments tasteful, folks. I'm going to be on this comment section like Wozniak on a Segway.

-Devin

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
Yes, as always there will be comments about people drooling over the models versus people saying how sexist this is.

But in the end humanity also moves on this: seduction. And this is what it's all about, seduction. So just enjoy it! A great season to all, that's my sincere and best wishes!

TheRockMonsi

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Aw, I love Anna's dress. She looks like a little toy soldier! Very cute.[/citation]

Toy soldier? I don't see that in any of them. But they all certainly look very gorgeous. :)

LaughALot

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
The girls are cute, but the purpose to the spread is to show off new products. I need a magnifying glass to see the products. The photographer should look at the past spreads, far superior photo shots.

soulfringe

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
I had the HS1 on my Christmas list. But my old set completely gave out, and HS1 was on sale at Frys for $79.99., I rushed down there right away. Loving them!!

caamsa

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]michaelahess[/nom]My wife looks much hotter when she's holding my mouse. Ok that came out wrong.[/citation]

LOL, I think you meant to say hard drive ;-P

At least you didn't say thumb drive...........................

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Odd picks on the mouse/keyboard front imo...

The Lachesis is great and it's ambidextrous, but it's only comfortable to hold when you use a fingertip/claw grip and how many gamers manage to game for long periods holding their mouse like that? The Deathadder seems like a more logical pick - cheaper, exists in both left and right handed version and arguably one of the most comfortable gaming mice out there, no matter how you hold your mouse.

For the keyboard, I never liked the Steelseries keyboards (too cramped and it just doesn't feel as nice as many competitors + I prefer mechanical keyboards), but that's purely a personal opinion. I just think you should list a few alternatives as well.

And to finish: maybe add a set of speakers to the list too? Many people like to game with speakers rather than headset, especially in single player. Plus, you'll likely need them if you use your PC for more than just gaming.

Zerk

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
I didn't see anything I want.

They said something for Every Gamer.

No Deus Ex 3, No Crysis 2! No Sandy Bridge?

Aw Man! :(

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]Silmarunya[/nom]Odd picks on the mouse/keyboard front imo...The Lachesis is great and it's ambidextrous, but it's only comfortable to hold when you use a fingertip/claw grip and how many gamers manage to game for long periods holding their mouse like that? The Deathadder seems like a more logical pick - cheaper, exists in both left and right handed version and arguably one of the most comfortable gaming mice out there, no matter how you hold your mouse. For the keyboard, I never liked the Steelseries keyboards (too cramped and it just doesn't feel as nice as many competitors + I prefer mechanical keyboards), but that's purely a personal opinion. I just think you should list a few alternatives as well.And to finish: maybe add a set of speakers to the list too? Many people like to game with speakers rather than headset, especially in single player. Plus, you'll likely need them if you use your PC for more than just gaming.[/citation]

1) If you don't like the Shift form SteelSeries, check out this article on gaming keyboards that we just did: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Keyboard-SteelSeries-Razer,review-1594.html
2) The Lachesis isn't for everyone, which is why we included a very versatile mouse in the Cyborg RAT 9 - purpose-built for the right-handed folk: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Christmas-Gaming-Accessories,review-1598-8.html
3) We have several other gift guides that are being published over the next few weeks, so look for speakers there!

[citation][nom]ct1615[/nom]this is easily the dumbest thing tom's does year and year out[/citation]

You certainly are entitled to your opinion, even if it's a silly and misguided one.

[citation][nom]Zerk[/nom]I didn't see anything I want. They said something for Every Gamer. No Deus Ex 3, No Crysis 2! No Sandy Bridge? Aw Man![/citation]

...and all of those things you listed aren't coming out this year...but we (or Hardware) will be sure to cover them in 2011! Believe me when I say I cannot wait for Deus Ex 3.

-Devin

gtvr

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
Sure, it's a little sexist. But this isn't Iran, lighten up a bit! Men can enjoy the lightly attired women, and women can be snarky and feel better about themselves - it's win win!

Status
Not open for further replies.