Home button on Samsung Smart TV doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mbm123

Commendable
Dec 15, 2016
I have had a Samsung UN60KU6300 for about 2 weeks. I hit the home button on the remote to pull up the Smart TV apps to watch YouTube and nothing happens. No menu, nothing. Can't even get to settings, etc. Anyone else having this issue or know why this changed out of the blue?

Mbm123

Commendable
Dec 15, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Mbm123 : "Home button on Samsung Smart TV doesn't work"

I have had a Samsung UN60KU6300 for about 2 weeks. I hit the home button on the remote to pull up the Smart TV apps to watch YouTube and nothing happens. No menu, nothing. Can't even get to settings, etc. Anyone else having this issue or know why this changed out of the blue?

Paul 222

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016

I am having the same problem with the same TV which I bought about six weeks ago. I have never had this problem, like you said, nothing happens when hitting the home button. Also when I turn the TV on it used to take up apx. 1/3 of the screen for about 5 seconds and that has also stopped, it just comes on and goes straight to picture. The other day a couple of prompts came through and I agreed to them, I don`t remember what they where, I guess firmware updates but other then that I can`t think of anything that I have done differently. Did you ever get a solution? If so, what was it.

khindman

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
My UN55KU6270F is 3 weeks old and started doing the same thing yesterday. I also remember a box popping up regarding installing updates...I am assuming this is part of the problem. I had to unplug the TV to get it to work again.

Allison_7

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
We have a two week old set that had the same issue. We followed the advice to unplug it and then plug back in and it worked! I think with the new update the tv had to restart but that step was left out of the install process for the download.

nancyinwi

Estimable
Sep 20, 2015

Do you unplug while it's on or turn off the set first?

There is some possibility you guys are JUMPING THE GUN.

My Sony does this, and it takes a good 15-25 seconds after power up, for the HOME button to become active.

If you are using WIFI, may want to try ethernet, if able, and see if u get faster response.

Allison_7

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
We never had access to the screen - the set was purchased two weeks ago but we didn't hook it up till a week ago. Even after the tv was on for hours we didn't have the screen, and it never came on at startup. Just unplugging and then turning it on fixed it. I still think they should have built a restart into the update because it would have prevented this issue.

Rico_24

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
I just unplugged mine...waited about 30 seconds...and it's all set! Thank GOD!!! I was freaking out! They must have forgotten to restart the TV after the last update is all.

Teasie

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016

Teasie

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016
I have the same issue. I just called Samsung, and there's a recording saying they're working on the issue but they didn't give an estimated time of getting this fixed. However, after reading the other posts; I disconnected the power and the apps menu come up. I don't have the apps on there that I had when it first installed....Netflix, Amazon, etc.

Robyn_5

Commendable
Dec 20, 2016
I just realized that I was having the same problem, i.e. Home button not working and apps not available. I unplugged it for 60 seconds and you're right...it's working!

Robyn_5

Commendable
Dec 20, 2016
Unplugging it does the trick but this sure is hard to do on a wall mounted TV where the outlet is behind the TV. I hope that in the next update, Samsung does an automatic restart.

Elf212

Commendable
Dec 24, 2016

I have the same problem...none of the apps (Netflix, Amazon) show anymore. Did you find a fix for the problem?

Jessica_59

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.