Solved! Home Theater Guru Input Needed

Jul 8, 2019
Here goes....this is my equipment list...and I need the best approach possible.

On the patio:
  1. Dr. J Professional Projector (does support Bluetooth format but no built-in streamer) - Inputs: HDMI, USB, VGA....Outputs: 3.5mm Aux, 3.5mm A/V
  2. Hard-wired speakers connected to...

In the house: Old-ish Yamaha HTR-5560 A/V Receiver - Inputs: Optical, RCA A/V (NO HDMI)....Outputs: Optical, RCA Audio, RCA A/V (NO HDMI)

Using my laptop as the source, I thought a Bluetooth Tx (from Aux output at the projector) talking to a Bluetooth Rx (to optical input at the Receiver) would work. It does - but not well. I bought 2 Aluratek Universal BT Tx/Rx units and (obviously) used 1 each each mode. The sound was static-y and broken as well as lagging.

So is there a better way to do this with the equipment I have? I need to get the video to the projector and the audio to the receiver. In sync. Without direct wiring. And go.....

Thanks!

Solution
If the projector has a volume control make sure it's not turned up to high. You could overload the input of the BT transmitter. That would produce distorted sound.
If the laptop is the only source you might as well connect the transmitter to it rather than the projector. Less chance of delay.
If the projector has a volume control make sure it's not turned up to high. You could overload the input of the BT transmitter. That would produce distorted sound.
If the laptop is the only source you might as well connect the transmitter to it rather than the projector. Less chance of delay.

Solution
Jul 8, 2019
Ah....So HDMI out from the laptop to the projector (for vid) and 3.5mm out also from the laptop (for audio) to the BT transmitter. This would eliminate the extra hop in the audio signal travel path back to the BT receiver in the house. Nice. Well done.