Home theater surround sound component Red and white cables to hook to new Samsung 4K HDMI tv

marjorielindley

Prominent
Nov 26, 2017
I have an RCA RT2870 Home theater surround sound system. It does not have HDMI on back but it is dobly digitil 5.1. I am getting a new Samsung55" curved 4K 2160 Smart LED TV and it only has HDMI on it. What do I need to buy in order to hook this new tv up to my Sound system. Its not video its just audio. Help please. Thanks.

marjorielindley

Prominent
Nov 26, 2017
Thank you very much. I did a lot of digging and finally found a site that showed more outputs. WHEW!!!
Thank you very very much. Appreciate all your help.

Okay I clicked on that site and it says it does not convert 5.1 or 7.1 or any other form of surround sound. I have an RCA RT2870 Home theater reciever it says its is dolby digital pro logic and digital sound processor.

marjorielindley

Prominent
Nov 26, 2017
Thank you very much for the information. I had to order the cable as they dont sell that around here. But was able to get it at walmart.com for 6 dollars. Hooked it up last night and IT WORKS!!!!.. Thank you all. It was just a different cable type i needed. YAY.